Staying cool with sesame celery salad 🙂 Simple, easy to make and refreshing!
Celery is loaded with fiber and a great source of antioxidants and beneficial enzymes, in addition to vitamins and mineral such as vitamin K, Vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
Celery is also great summer veggie to eat, as celery is made up of a high percent of water and electrolytes that can prevent dehydration!
1 organic bunch of celery
Sesame oil ( optional)
- slice the celery into thin slices
- in a mixing bowl, mix sliced celery, sesame, oil and balsamic together.
Besides celery being a great low-calorie food, celery offers many beneficial health benefits includes:
- helps lower high cholesterol and improve or maintaining heart health.
- Celery contains antioxidants and polysaccharides that act as anti-inflammatories!
- Help prevent or treat high blood pressure as celery seed extracts have anti-hypertensive properties.
- Help prevent ulcers, as celery contains a special type of ethanol extract that is useful in protecting the lining of the digestive track from ulcers.
- Protects liver health
- beneficial for weight loss! Celery is extremely low in calories and can be a valuable food to help you lose weight because of its ability to provide vital nutrients and to help regulate liquid metabolism.
- Boosts digestion and reduces bloating
- Contains anti-microbial properties that fight infections
- Prevent urinary tract infections because celery helps to reduce uric acid and stimulates urine production. It’s beneficial for fighting bacterial infections within the digestive tract and reproductive organics.
- May help protect from cancer. Celery contains chemoprotective compounds called polyacetylenes. Polyacetylenes may help reduce toxicity and fight against cancer formation.