Today, I made an organic sweet potato noodle bowl with brussels sprouts, kale, and lentil! Making a noodle bowl is my new obsession! It is super easy to make and you can whip it out a delicious meal in a short period of time. It is a perfect to go meal when you are crunching for the time, too lazy to run to the grocery store or just looking to whip a healthy meal.
No fancy cooking skills or equipment is involved. Just a bowl and a skillet will do! Unless you have a vegetable spiralizer… Then you can spiralize your own sweet potato noodle! If you don’t have a spiralizer, no worries, you can now purchase ready to go spiralized noodles! Like this one:
Easy, convenient and inexpensive. Eating spiralized veggie noodle is a great way and a sneaky way to add more veggies to your diet.
Sweet potato noodle bowl with brussels sprouts, kale, and lentil- the perfect Fall dish 🙂 It is vegan and gluten- free friendly!
1/2 cup of organic dry lentils
1 Cup of organic brussels sprouts
Salt and pepper
Organic garlic powder
2 Cups of chopped organic kale
Low sodium soy sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Medium organic sweet potato or spiralized sweet potato noodle
- Cook the lentils until tender and cooked through. Then place it in a bowl.
- Shred the brussels sprouts
- If you are planning on spiralize your own noodle, peel and spiralize the sweet potato
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat and add few drops of extra virgin olive oil
- Once the skillet is hot, add the sweet potato noodle and season it with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until wilted then place it in the bowl with the lentils.
- While the skillet is still hot, add few drops of extra virgin olive oil and then add the brussels sprouts. Season it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook it for about 5 minutes then add the shredded kale and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add a splash of soy sauce and toss.
- Place it in the bowl with the sweet potato and lentils.
- You did it! Enjoy 🙂