Summer is here and heatwave has arrived in New York! This means it is time to make sure that our body is hydrated. During the summer time, we are more prone to drink a variety of beverages from cold press juice to soda to sports drink. Anything that’s ice cold pretty much sounds amazing right?
My personal favorite drinks to stay hydrated during the summer time include coconut water, aloe vera water, cold pressed juices, homemade smoothies and fruit infused water. These options are usually low in calories and sugar content, and free of artificial color and flavor. And most importantly, these drinks are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. Out of all these drinks, aloe vera water is my summer essential drink. Aloe itself is my summer seasons best friend 🙂 Not only do I apply aloe on my skin, I drink and eat aloe vera for a number of reasons.
So what are aloe juice benefits and why it is so good?
Aloe vera offers many amazing benefits including:
- Digestive benefits: Aloe vera contains nutrient compounds that help to heal and soothe the skin when used externally. It may also have similar benefits on the lining of the digestive track when ingested. Aloe vera can increase healthy bacteria in the intestines that aid digestion. (great for people with irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, stomach ache, acid reflux, and other inflammatory disorder of the gut)
- Immune benefits: Aloe vera contains antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties that aid the immune system to cleanse the body of toxins and invading pathogens. (great for people with season allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, and other inflammatory immune disorders)
- Cardiovascular benefits: Aloe vera internally helps improve blood circulation, which may help decrease total fat level in people with high cholesterol.
- Detoxification: Aloe vera is a gelatinous plant food, just like seaweed and chia seed. The main benefits of consuming gelatinous plant food are these gels move through the intestinal tract and absorb toxins along the way and get eliminated through the colon.
- Alkalizes your body: Our body maintain a healthy balance between acidity and alkalinity which is influenced by the food we eat. Aloe vera juice makes our inner system more alkaline.
- Weight loss: While aloe vera removes toxins, enhance our immune system and maintains a healthy digestion. These benefits enable us to stay well and shed those stubborn pounds as a secondary effect!
- Fight against inflammation: Aloe vera provides an amazing number of vitamins and minerals that help reduce inflammation and fight free radical damage.
- Bye- bye constipation: Aloe vera juice can boost regulation of your digestive system and can get both diarrhea and constipation under control. For constipation, all you need is 100-200 milligram of aloe juice or 50 milligrams of aloe extract–daily as needed.
- Stabilize blood sugar: with a combination of lectins, mannans, and anthraquinones, aloe vera juice can regulate your blood sugar.
- Hydrates your body: Aloe vera can keep you hydrated which is good for keeping your skin healthy. additionally, it gives your body the building block it needs to replenish old cells and regenerates.
And the benefits are endless…
Which aloe juice is best to drink?
As aloe vera juice becomes more and more popular – you have a couple of options to choose from. There is no right or wrong answer, as it is based on personal preference. I do recommend that you look for USDA organic certified aloe juice since you are ingesting it, I don’t want you to ingest any unnecessary chemicals. I do also recommend that you do read the nutrition facts panel to look for sugar content. Some juices taste amazing but is loaded with sugar! And lastly, if you aren’t into the gelatinous texture like chia pudding, do not get aloe juice that contains pulps.
Today, I want to share my favorite aloe water called Detox Water.
Detox Water is found by Kenneth Park, who has been drinking aloe vera since his early childhood and it all stems from his mother. Mr. Parks mother experienced serious digestive issues and when all recommended medication failed, one doctor suggested her trying aloe. Adding aloe to her diet not only resolved her stomach problem but also improved her immune response!
What I love about Detox Water is its variety of unique flavors! Unlike other aloe vera juice brand, detox water offers flavor like lychee and white grape, pineapple mint, and mango! I don’t know about you but these flavors sound amazing to me and they do all taste amazing as they sound! If I have to pick one, I will pick lychee and white grapes.
Also, if you aren’t into gelatinous texture, Detox Water is purely smooth liquid with no chunks nor gelatinous texture.
Please note: I was not compensated for this article/review. Reviews are written based on my personal experiences and preference.