Attention pizza lovers and seafood lovers, have you ever tried garlic crab pizza?! If not, you better check out below recipe!
I’m a huge pizza lover! The combination of bread and cheese with some sauce, who can resist! One of my favorite food when I have time to prep is to make pizza. It is very easy to make, simple to prepare and so tasty! Even if you don’t have time to make the dough yourself, you can always purchase pre-made ones from the grocery store. As to toppings, you just can’t go wrong with anything, everything or nothing!
My favorite pizza is wood-fire pizza but we can’t make that at home… at least majority of us don’t have that luxury. But no worries. There are different ways to cook the pizza and make it extra tasty too. Besides the traditional oven cooking the pizza, you can also put it on a BBQ grill or big stir fry pan (required lit)!
Pizza dough ingredients:
3 1/2 cups of wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope of instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons of salt
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cup of warm water
Pizza sauce ingredients:
2 tablespoons earth balance
3 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1-4 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh minced basil
1/2 cup of shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1/2 lb of fresh crab meat
Fresh green onion
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Melt earth balance in a saucepan
- Add garlic and cook for 30 second before whisking in flour, pepper and salt. Whisk to combing well.
- Slowly add milk and whisk until well combined
- Continue whisking until desire thickness. Before removing from heat, add the cheese in until smooth.
- Use immediately or cover and chill until ready to use
In a bowl, mix all ingredients together. Make sure it is even and well mixed. Then wrap the bowl with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for about an hour.
- Roll out the pizza dough in a 12-14 inch pan and pre heat the oven at 425 F (if you are using the oven)
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil and poke some holes around to prevent bubbling when baking
- Spread another thin layer of white sauce
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and crab meet
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until desire
- Sprinkle minced green onion on top of cooked pizza.
- Now, ready, set, go! Be sure to share 🙂