Fun facts of the day: banana
- banana float in water
- scientific name for banana is must sapientum, which means “fruit of the wise men”.
- there is a banana club museum located in Mecca, California.
- Rubbing banana peel on mosquito bite or poison ivy, it will help keep it from itching and getting inflamed.
- rub inside of a banana peel on your teeth for about 2 minutes every night, it will whiten your teeth
- banana makes a great conditioner that helps restore dry, damaged hair.
- Rub banana peel on your forehead can help with headache
- more than 100 billion bananas are eaten every year in the world
- American eat an average 27 pounds of banana per person every year.
- 96% of American household buy banana at least once a month
- 51% of bananas are eaten for breakfast
- more song have been written about banana than any other fruit
- bananas are technically berries
- about 75% of the weight of a banana is water
- banana are naturally radioactive. This comes from the fact that they contain relative high amount of potassium.
- there are approximately 1000 different types of banana plants in the world
- The phrase ‘ going bananas’, was first recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary and is linked to the fruit’s ‘comic’ connection with monkeys.
- A cluster of banana is formerly called a “hand” and a single banana is called a “finger”