Lately I have been obsessed with eating dragon fruit and I realize not many people know what drag fruit is!
Dragon fruit is a beautiful and exotic looking fruit that has many health benefits! Great for skin, cardiovascular, lower cholesterol, lower blood sugar, helps with stomach ailments and helps in weight management.
Fun facts of dragon fruit
- Dragon fruit grows on a cactus that blooms for one night per fruit cycle
- Pollination of dragon fruit plant is done by nocturnal creatures, like moth and bats.
- Rumor has it that in one culture it was common to re-eat the seed after they passes through the body. Yuck!
- Dragon fruit taste the best when eaten chilled
- Dragon fruit is also known as strawberry pear or pity
- the red fleshed variety of dragon fruit contains lycopene, the same antioxidant found in tomatoes.
- Dragon fruit seeds contanis protein as well as omega 3,6
- Eating too much red colored dragon fruit can give you pseudohematuria, which can turn urine reddish. Sorry boys, you didn’t get your mensural cycle.
- Combination of dragon fruit with cucumber juice and honey, you can create a compound like ale that can soothe burned skin.
- The flower buds are edible
- There are varieties of dragon fruit. The red-flesh fruit that is purported to be sweeter.