Fiberlious spaghetti squash lasagna!
We love spaghetti squash in our household and we use it as a substitute for pasta. Recently I came across a spaghetti squash lasagna and decided to give it a try! It is low in carb and fat, gluten free, loaded with fiber, nutritious and it is delicious!
Prep time:20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
2 organic beet roots
1 spaghetti squash
shredded jack cheese (or mozzarella. based on personal preference)
- slice beet roots into thin slices
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half and pour some olive oil on the inside
- bake spaghetti squash in the oven at 425F degree for 30-45 minutes based on squash size
- Once the squash is done (you can poke through with a fork), in a pan, run a fork into the squash to create strands until the pan is covered.
- Use a spoon and spread marinara sauce on top of the spaghetti squash
- Place sliced beets on top
- put another lay of shredded spaghetti squash to cover the beets
- Use a spoon and spread ricotta cheese
- Put another lay of shredded spaghetti squash. Add additional layers based on how much spaghetti squash you have left. (I did 3 layers)
- The last layer put shredded cheese on top
- Bake it in oven at 425F degree for 10-15 minutes
Ready to be served just like lasagna! The beet pigment will give this dish beautiful color!
Beets have many great health benefits. It may help lower blood pressure, boost stamina (source of energy), fight inflammation, contains anti-cancer property, help support mental health, support detoxification and much more. It is rich in folate, manganese, potassium, copper etc. High in fiber and loaded with antioxidant.
Check out our fun facts about beets.