Fun fact of the week: wine
- Women get drunk faster from wine because of their water to fat ratio. Women usually have higher fat content than men and fat does not absorb any alcohol.
- In Japan, there is a spa where you can swim in wine! (coffee and tea too if you prefer that)
- The smell of young wine is called “aroma” while more mature wine offer a more subtle “bouquet”.
- It is a common misconception that all wine improves with age. In fact, about 90% of all wine should be consumed within one year of product and 99% within 5 years.
- Top U.S. faves from Abroad are Yellowail (Australia), Cavit (Italy), and Concha y Toro (chile)
- U.S. top producers are California, Washington, New York, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
- California has more Chardonnay grapes than any place in the World!
- Do you like wine and live on the edge? If you ever visit Vietnam, be sure to get a glass of cobra wine. This is a extreme beverage is a rice wine covered with snack blood that is killed on the spot. If you would like to go all out, you can add the snakes heart to the mix as well.
- If you own a collection of bottle- dont keep them standing up- this can cause the cork to dry, drink and oxygenated (unless its a artificial cork)
- People who have wine phobia is called oenophobia
- People who likes wine are called oenophilia
- The World oldest bottle of wine dates back to AD325 and was found near the town of Speyer, Germany.
- Drinking wine have many great health benefits: heart health, cholesterol, blood flow, shield against cancer, stronger bone