After hearing and seeing great recipes about spaghetti squash, I decided to give it a try. I picked up this beauty from the Santa Monica’s farmers market.
- cut the squash the long way
- scoop out the seed out of the squash
- rub the inside of the squash with olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Bake the squash at 430 degrees for about 30 – 45 min (depends on how big your squash is). Bake it until you can poke the squash with a fork and is able to hit the skin.
- After the squash is ready, let it cool down
- scrape out the squash using a fork to gently pull the squash flesh from the the peel. Peel the horizontal way as it will look like spaghetti !
- heat up your favorite sauce 🙂
- put the “spaghetti” into your sauce for about 1 min. I recommend no more than a min. Dont put it in for too long as the squash will excrete water.
I served my spaghetti squash with some mixed green salads (kale, lettuce, onion, carrots) :p its was very fiberlicious dinner 😉
Spaghetti squash is full of fiber and many nutrients including folic acid, vitamins A, potassium, and beta carotene.This is great meal for late night dinner as it is low in calories. If you are craving for some spaghetti and dont want to get that extra carb, this is the way to go 😉